Chicken with Apple Chutney and Toasted Brioche
June 10, 2015
- 4 cups Granny Smith apples, cored and chopped
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/4 cups sultanas (golden raisins), packed
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup plus 1½ tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 piece ginger, ¾-inch long, peeled and finely diced
- 3 1/2 goat cheese, plus 6 ¼-inch thick rounds
- 1 cup plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsps frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsps garam masala
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 8 chicken cutlets
- Prepare the apple chutney by combining all of the ingredients in a large, heavy saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, then simmer uncovered, stirring frequently, for 30–40 minutes or until thick and pulpy. Remove from the heat, leave to cool and transfer to sterilized, dry jars and seal.
- For the chicken: In a medium bowl, combine the yogurt, apple juice concentrate, vinegar, garam marsala, salt and pepper. Whisk until combined. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Cover the dish and refrigerate for 4 hours and up to 1 day.
- Coat grill rack with nonstick spray and prepare the barbecue for direct grilling over medium-high heat. Place the chicken breasts (still coated with yogurt) on the grill. Cover and grill, about 5 minutes. Flip the chicken over. Cover and grill until the chicken is cooked through and feels firm to touch, about 4 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board. Let rest 5 minutes.
Place the chicken on a serving platter, and then spoon some chutney alongside the chicken.