Chocolate-covered Raspberry Truffles
January 24, 2015
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 7 ozs Fine quality, bittersweet chocolate (finely chopped in food processor)
- 1 1/2 tbsps Brandy
- 6 ozs Fresh Raspberries
- 3/4 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Line a tray with wax paper.
- Bring cream just to a simmer in a 1- to 2-quart heavy saucepan over moderate heat. Remove from heat, then add chocolate and stir gently with a heatproof rubber spatula until ganache is smooth. Stir in Brandy.
- Pat raspberries dry if necessary. Add 6 to 8 raspberries to ganache and gently fold in to coat using rubber spatula. Remove each chocolate-covered raspberry with 2 forks, shifting it from one fork to the other to let excess ganache drip off, then transfer to tray. Coat remaining raspberries in same manner, working in batches of 6 to 8.
- Chill truffles on tray until firm, at least 1 hour, then loosen from wax paper.
- Put cocoa in a sealable bag and add all of truffles. Seal bag, leaving some air in, and shake to coat. Empty bag into a shallow bowl. Transfer coated truffles to a platter with your fingers, shaking off excess cocoa. Keep chilled until ready to serve
Truffles can be chilled, covered after 1 hour, up to 2 days. Coat with cocoa powder up to 1 hour before serving