Green Beans with Shiitake Mushrooms
November 2, 2014
- 6 tbsps butter
- 8 ozs fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed, caps sliced
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lbs slender green beans, trimmed
- 2/3 cup canned low-salt chicken broth
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shiitake mushrooms and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer mushrooms to medium bowl. Melt remaining 3 tablespoons butter in same skillet.
- Add shallots and garlic and sauté until tender, about 2 minutes. Add green beans and toss to coat with butter.
- Pour broth over green bean mixture. Cover and simmer until liquid evaporates and green beans are crisp-tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in shiitake mushrooms.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to platter and serve.
*recipe from epicurious.com