Summer Pasta Salad with Shrimp
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 lb short pasta, such as fusilli
- 1 medium yellow squash, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped pitted Kalamata or Nicoise olives
- 4 lightly packed cups baby spinach (3 1/4 ounces)
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest, plus 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tbsps extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain pasta, transfer to a large bowl, and toss with squash, olives, spinach, lemon zest and juice, and 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon of the oil. Season with salt and pepper.
In a large skillet, heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high. Add shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until opaque throughout, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Top pasta with shrimp.
***courtesy of Martha Stewart