Thai Chicken Tacos
- 1 lime, halved
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts or tenders, cut into 1/2- to 3/4-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsps reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp hot chili sauce (such as Sriracha)
- 2 tbsps vegetable oil
- 16 corn tortillas, heated
- 1 1 recipe Cabbage Slaw
2 cups shredded napa cabbage
1/2 cup shredded carrot (1 medium)
1/2 cup sliced green onions (4)
1/3 cup sliced radishes
1/4 cup snipped fresh cilantro
1/4 cup coarsely chopped peanuts (optional)
1/4 cup rice vinegar
Juice one lime half (about 1 Tbsp.); cut remaining half in wedges. In bowl stir together chicken, cilantro, shallot, garlic, the 1 Tbsp. lime juice, fish sauce, soy sauce, pepper, and chili sauce. Cover; refrigerate 1 hour. In large skillet cook chicken mixture in hot oil over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked, stirring occasionally.
To serve, layer two tortillas. Top with chicken and Cabbage Slaw. Serve with remaining slaw and lime wedges. Makes 4 (2-taco) servings.
In a medium bowl combine cabbage, carrot, green onions, radishes, cilantro, and, if desired, peanuts. Add vinegar; toss gently to coat.