Yukon Golds with Shallot Butter
August 10, 2014
- 2 1/4 small Yukon Gold potatoes, scrubbed but not peeled
- 1 tsp yellow mustard seeds
- 4 tbsps unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tbsp minced parsley
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 2 tsps fresh lemon juice
- freshly ground pepper
- In a saucepan, boil the potatoes in water to cover until tender, about 15 minutes.
- *Meanwhile, in a small skillet, toast the mustard seeds over moderate heat until they pop, about 3 minutes. In a small bowl, mix the butter with the parsley, shallot, lemon juice and mustard seeds. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Drain and halve the potatoes lengthwise. In a large dish, toss the potatoes with the shallot butter and serve.
*MAKE AHEAD: The shallot butter can be refrigerated for 1 week.
recipe from foodandwine.com